I've come to the conclusion that I have a hard time writing on this blog and making it interesting to the people who are reading. It's not like the many other blogs I read that when you see that they've posted you get excited cause you love to read what they have to say, example: my cute friend Sarah Jolley, seriously people.. her posts are amazing! I have a hard time with writing "grammatically correct" (English has never been my best subject), but I also came to the conclusion today, that this blog is not for other people. It is for me and my posterity. I want my kids to be able to look back on this one day and say "Hey mom and dad, your life was pretty cool!" I want them to know the ups and downs that we went through as a "newly married couple", because let's face it, there is going to be a lot of them. I guess what I'm trying to say is.. I know that this blog isn't the greatest out there, so please just bare with me.
Now on to what this post is really about. :)
Taylor has been working 11-15 hour days everyday lately. He wakes up at 9:00, leaves for work at 9:45 and is gone until 9:00 on weekdays or 10:00 on weekends. It's a hard thing to miss your husband when you live with him. I only see him for a short time in the morning, about a half hour when I take him his lunch and about an hour after he gets home, before I unfortunately fall asleep.
I know that this is only temporary, until he gets a staff that is trained and can be at the store alone, but until then it kinda stinks. (One of those downs I talked about earlier). Now don't get me wrong, I am SO grateful that he is willing to work that much to provide for our little family and makes me so proud to have married such a hard worker. Put that on top of missing family and friends back in Utah and my life has become one big "miss-fest".
Again, I don't want this to sound like I'm ungrateful for the life I have, I'm not! I know that there are many women out there who don't have a husband to miss or many people out there who don't have family or friends that they care for and miss every single second. I am extremely grateful for the life I have been given and the people who influence it. I guess a girl just needs to vent. :)
oh ash, you're so sweet for saying what you did about my blog. sometimes i feel like my blog is boring too, but i remember just as you said. it's for our own records and posterity. i just write what's in my heart. anyway - isn't it funny how when you get married you suddenly see way less of your husband than what you saw of your boyfriend? life plays mean tricks like that. i'm missing you around here - hope you're enjoying the vegas heat! i wanna see some pics of the inside of your apartment!
ReplyDeleteAsh! That's exactly what your blog is for. I often even write posts that I don't publish ;)
ReplyDeleteMiss and love you
You are right in thinking a blog is more for posterity than for other people. Keep doing what you are doing and know you are missed,
ReplyDeleteAngie