Tuesday, May 29, 2012

{busy bees}

We have been busy bees the last few weeks, I feel like we are constantly going. Which is a good thing, but it doesn't leave a lot of time for blogging!

The Davis High Band held a fundraiser at the school where some retired Harlem Globetrotters came and played against some "famous" people in Utah and around the town. They had a wonderful turnout and it was such a fun night. Those Globetrotters are some funny dudes. 
*I would also like you to note how close the Jazz Bear was to us, not great new for a masklophobic!*


I went to my dear friend Megan's baby shower. She is due July 4 with a baby boy. Our babies will be friends, I just know it! :)


Taylor's new interest is fishing, so we decided we would go buy him a license and let him fish to his hearts content! We went up to the Ogden River and he caught a fish pretty quickly. Bruce and I just enjoyed relaxing outside!


My cute cousin, McKinley, was in the Battle of the Blues at Guitar Center. He did an amazing job and is seriously so talented. Well, obviously because he won that round and is now in the store finals on June 5. So, if you want to come see some amazing guitar playing, come to Guitar Center on Redwood Road on June 5, you won't be disappointed!



Trevor and Juliet came over to have a barbeque! There was way too much food, delicious food, but way too much! Afterwards, the boys decided to play some Guitar Hero (I think Taylor got the itch to play from the before mentioned Battle of the Blues). We always have such a great time with those two and we are glad they are married now so we can have some married friends. :)





Baby Update:
I am now 25 weeks along and baby is growing great. The last doctor's appointment we had his heart beat was 150. Our next appointment is June 20 and we will get to have another ultrasound. We are excited to see how much he has grown since the last one. I'm starting to figure out his sleep patterns from his movements. He seems to be most active around midnight right as we lay down to go to sleep. I really hope that he doesn't get to used to that and stay that way when he is born. He is getting so strong though and  I love to lay down and watch my belly twitch and move, it is such a weird feeling but so amazing at the same time. We just bought his crib and changing table and it's such a relief to start making the big purchases. I am getting anxious to start doing his room instead of just pinning it on pinterest! 

Other News:
We found a place to live! We are currently living in my Mom's basement and are so so grateful to her that she has let us crash her place. I don't know what we would have done without her. We found a cute little condo in Roy and we get to move in on Friday! We found the place yesterday morning, went and looked at it that night and signed the lease while we were there! We get to have both of our puppies and we can paint if we want, which means I get to do the nursery just how I want it. We are so excited to be able to move in and finally get settled before baby comes. 

Wow, this turned into a really long post, if you're still reading I'm impressed! 


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Ash and Taylor! I am happy you found a place to live, although living with your mom can't be bad.

    Take care and keep me updated!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete